Friday, 30 June 2017
Friday, 16 June 2017
This week we have been doing reports on animals. I did a tiger because their my favorite animal. I think I did good because I had Fun. Here is the finished bit of work:
Tigers are the biggest breed of the cat family.
Tigers can reach up to 3.3 metres long and weigh up to 330 KG’s
There are lots of breeds of tigers like the sumatran,the siberian and the bengal tiger . There are also the south china tiger, the malayan tiger and the Indochinese tiger.
Tigers can live to 25 years old
A group of tiger is called a ambush or a streak
Tigers are great swimmers,they can swim up to 6 kilometers.
Tigers can go up to 65 kph and usually hunt alone at night. Also Tigers can jump a length of 5 meters long.
Sadly some breeds of tigers are going extinct because they hunt the cows in villages and the farmers have to shoot the tigers to protect the cows. They are Also going extinct because people hunt them for their skins and teeth, this is called poaching and it is illegal.
Baby tigers are called tiger cubs
The mother tiger gives birth after 3 and a half months.
There are usually 3 or 4 cubs in each litter
In the wild they usually have the cubs in a cave without the father in the cave
Tiger cubs are only 2 pounds when they are born.
Friday, 5 May 2017
Friday, 31 March 2017
This week I think my best piece of work is my maths word problems because I worked hard and its fun. This took me all week so please don't judge me about it. The hardest thing I found was trying to add these numbers in my head. Next time I think I will write them down in my maths book so it is easier for me to work them out. OK here is the finished work!
Term 1 Wk 9
Sheena has 24 strawberries growing in her garden.
- If ⅓ of the strawberries are not ripe, how many strawberries are not ripe?
2. If ¼ of the strawberries have gone moldy, how many strawberries have gone moldy?
3. Birds peck ⅙ of the strawberries. How many strawberries have been pecked by birds?
4. Slugs eat ⅛ of the strawberries. How many strawberries have been eaten by the bugs?
5. Sheena’s rabbit nibbles 1/12 of the strawberries. How many strawberries have been nibbled by Sheena’s rabbit?
6. How many strawberries are left for Sheena to eat?
Fred’s Framing Shop specialized in made-to-measure frames. What is the minimum length of framing needed to frame each of the following items?
- A photograph that measures 10cm by 15cm.
2. A collection of shells mounted on a board that measure 35 cm square
3. A water color painting that measures 44cm by 28 cm
4. A tapestry that measures 57cm by 31cm
5. An oil painting that measures 75cm by 51cm
6. A poster that measures 88cm by 66cm
7. A print that measures 42cm by 60cm
8. A mirror that measures 100cm by 30cm
Friday, 3 March 2017
This week my best piece of work would probably be my maths word problems because I worked really hard on them and it was really fun. Here is the finished work.
Term 1 Wk 5
1) If fred baked 65 biscuits and lilly baked 87 biscuits, how many biscuits are there altogether? 152
2) On Monday a farm of chickens laid 46 eggs, on Tuesday 38 eggs and Wednesday 60 eggs. How many eggs were laid altogether? 144
3) Samuel ate 24 sweets. Kate ate 17 more than Samuel. How many sweets did Kate eat?
4) An orchard contains 87 apple trees, 54 pear trees and 12 plum trees. How many trees in the orchard?
5) 48 children walked to school and 107 were dropped off. How many children were at school altogether?
- Find the sum of 285 and 67.
2. A book costs $7.30 and Jim gives a $10 note. How much change does Jim get back?
3. Tony read 14 pages of his book on Saturday and on Sunday he got to page 59. How many pages did he read on Sunday?
4. Find the total of 230 and 60.
5. Sally went to the Warehouse and bought a T-Shirt which cost $15. She also bought a pair of shoes. The total of her purchase came to $42. How much were her shoes?
1. Fred had 467 cows on his farm. Gary had 643. How many more cows does Gary have?
2. Totara sold 67 raffles on Monday, 49 on Tuesday and 27 on Wednesday. How many raffles did Totara sell altogether? 143
3. Last week my shopping bill was $235. This week it was $48 less. How much was my shopping bill this week?
4. There were 89 children at the swimming pool and 46 more came. How many were there altogether?
5. Lucy had $500 and spent $270 at the Surf Shop. How much money does she have left?